The head is finally finished, and it's time to move on. I made a little turntable version, too. Big thank you to Oleg Kuklin, my teacher. I wonder what my next project should be. Something more expressive, I think.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Haven't been here in a while (busy busy busy...really). Did you miss me?
Here are some work process photos. First, I added a nice clay base to the thing. Then we prepared some cast and started splashing it onto the clay. It has this cool effect:
In the end you get this cast cocoon, in which hides the clay head. It's a very strange feeling, having your work buried in like that. It took 5 hours of hard physical work to bury it!
Today we opened the cast, removed the clay, and poured cast into the mold. These pictures were taken while we were removing clay:
Next time, we remove the mold, and the session after that we'll cleanup and make some correction on the cast statue itself. And then, hopefully, it will be over. I have to say, I'm looking forward to finishing this, and starting something new.