Saturday, March 04, 2006

Cuteness!


Hmm…the composition here is not exactly brilliant, I’m afraid, as this is actually a telephone doodle gone wild.
Anyway...
For years I've been afraid of color. I got used to pencil line drawing, and it became a comfortable place I sort of clung to, afraid of straying away. Happily, this is changing these days. I’m being constantly inspired by dozens of art blogs and forums (thank you, guys!), the Wacom technology introduced CTRL+Z to painting technique, and – perhaps most importantly – I’m much more relaxed than I used to be about mistakes and imperfection. So I’m finding myself having a lot of fun with color, like this little sketch - which was pure joy.

6 comments:

TOONSTEAK said...

Nice coloring! Nice Blog!
Keep on the good blogging.

Tony

kevin micallef said...

What an appealing drawing! Really nice work here!. I'm the same way....love to take drawings as far as a rough sketch...but colour is alien to me. I'm slowly trying to learn...slowly!

Fabio Lai said...

I think it's a good beginning with colours, for this and for the kangaroo too. I just suggest you to work more about trees. Very nice characters too.

Doron Meir said...

Tony,Kevin: thanks for the nice words!

Fabio: hmmm...now that you mention it, yes...I suppose I got too simplistic with the trees. Well, next time will be better :) thanks man!

Unknown said...

aww... that's real cute. good job!

CarolineJarvis said...

You're definitely right with the cuteness.... nice colour work too... guess it just takes lots of practice.... can't be afraid to fail!